The importance of loving yourself

"You must marry yourself before you invest in anyone else," my Mima said to me before getting off of the phone with me earlier in the evening. We were discussing the importance of loving yourself.
...
Loving yourself is a beautiful thing it makes you glow from the inside and outside. When you love yourself you will make others gravitate towards you because your true happiness is inviting to people. It is the fairest thing you can do for someone else, if you are not happy with yourself you will only drag your loved one down with you. You need to know who you are before you allow someone else to know you.

Loving yourself will not come easy. I have been working on this goal for 6 months now and from time to time I become exhausted feeling as though I will never be able to tell myself "I love you", and mean it. What I have learned to realize is that in life I will for the rest of my life fall slowly in love with myself through successes, through pain, through laughter and life I will discover new reasons to love who I am. My Mima will be 75 years old soon and she is still learning to love herself. Loving who you are is a journey.

Loving yourself brings confidence. A confident woman is a beautiful woman. As I look back on the past several months I do love myself more today than I did yesterday and I plan on waking up tomorrow loving myself even more. I am still learning to accept my flaws. I am still learning that some days I will still feel like laying in bed all day because my heart is hurting, I will push through it. Every day is a new chance to do something I didn't get the chance to do the day before.

I live for myself. I live to make myself proud. I repeat in my head when a bad thought comes into my brain "I love myself...I love myself..." making me push out the bad. When I wake up I say to myself in the mirror "I love myself" and tonight before I close my eyes the last thing I will say before I dream is, "I love myself".

Now go on and love, yourself. You need it.

xo♥
M

Comments

Popular Posts