Being Kind Is The New "Kool"

You are never too cool to be a nice person.

It makes me sad when I hear a person, put another person down. What exactly are you getting out of that besides the satisfaction of spreading negative vibes around you?  I have always had a hard time grasping why people are so rude to one another. Just because you are having a bad day doesn't mean you need to ruin someone else's.

You never know what is going on in someone else's life.

We all have had struggles in life. I have had my fair share of rough days, bad memories, and bad chapters in life (I will be sharing these stories eventually). You know what all of those life lessons taught me? They taught me that being kind is the best way to heal. Are you listening to me? Being KIND. It makes me feel good to know that I can make someone smile. I strive to make other's feel their best because there was a time in my life I didn't feel my best and when people were jerks it made me feel even worse.

When being cordial to others keep in mind that you can't be too nice. You can be kind without having others walk all over you. That was hard for myself to learn because I hate telling someone "no", I have a hard time disappointing someone. What I am trying to say is that you can be a sweetheart while also understanding your limits and doing what makes YOU the happiest why also making others warm around you as well.

Never forget that you come before anyone else. No one is superior to you; never allow someone to make you think you are less than what you are.

If someone is being a jerk, let them. Literally just walk away with a smile and let them be unpleasant. Those people will learn someday that the real cool in society is to spread kindness not hate. There is no excuse to be mean.

Kindness is cool. I love when I see someone hold the door and the other person smiles. I love when the holidays are going on and you hear of the people who anonymously pay off people's layaways. Writing sweet notes and leaving them for a friend to find is another kind gesture. There are so many thoughtful things you can do for someone. You shouldn't make any excuses not to be nice. Your kind gestures don't have to be huge, they can be small and simple.

It is the thought that counts.

There are so many ways to be a nice person. Remember not everyone is going to appreciate the things you do. People are going to put you down for being who you are. Whatever you do, do not allow those few get you down. You are doing the right thing being a good-hearted person. You will find that life is a lot better once you choose to always be light-hearted.

*This week's article was inspired by a friend-thank you for being a kind person.

xo,
M



Comments

Popular Posts