How To Travel With Only A Carry On

Traveling as a girl can be tough. We need so many more 'things' than a guy needs for a trip. When packing you may feel as though you must pack everything. Do not do this. Not only will you be able to hop off the plane and begin your vacation, instead of waiting for the baggage claim. You will also have a little piece of mind: before, during and after the trip.  I am going to give you a few tips to help lessen your baggage when you travel. Boys thank me later.

  • MAKE A LIST-  
The more prepared you are for the packing the better it will be when it comes time to fit it all into your carry on. Creating a list will help you figure out what you will be wearing during your trip. Planning will prevent anything major being left behind as well.
  • KEEP SHOES TO A MINIMUM- 
I try to strategically plan to wear only 2-3 pairs of shoes off and on throughout the trip. One of those pairs will already be on my feet during travel.
  • PACKING CUBES- 
This invention has saved me so much room. You can purchase them anywhere that sells luggage, travel items. Simply roll your clothes into the cube and zip it up and you suddenly have a lot more room than you did before. Here is a link from Amazon. They are super cost efficient!
  • BRING NON-WRINKLING CLOTHES- 
Chances are while traveling you will not have time to de-wrinkle your clothes. Be sure to pack clothes that can fold and remain folded during the travel so that your look is always crisp and fresh.
  • PACK ENOUGH UNDERGARMENTS-
 enough said. One time a friend didn't bring enough and it was a horror story...
  • DRY SHAMPOO- 
I love you dry shampoo. If your trip is just a weekend travel you can get away with skipping a few shampoo washes by using dry shampoo. I always shower the night before the trip and it lasts me the entire weekend I am gone. Be sure to bring body wash to wash the rest of your body though.
  • KEEP HAIR/MAKE UP TO A SMALL AMOUNT- 
You're on vacation you should be focused on the memory and not all of your makeup. I love makeup don't get me wrong, but the less you pack the less you have to worry about and the more time you'll have to explore.
  • BRING A LARGE TOTE- 
This will help with your packing. I always bring a large purse to carry my phone charger, smaller purse, an extra pair of sandals (just in case) and whatever I might not be able to fit inside my carry on.
  • MIX & MATCH- 
The more flexible you are with your outfit choices the less you will have to fit inside the carry-on. ALSO, the less laundry you have to do when you return home. Try bringing pieces you can mix and match with during the trip. This trick is guaranteed to save you a lot of room.

Wishing you safe travels!
With love, M

Comments

Popular Posts